OTHER VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteers assisting with special events, such as our annual black tie Gala or our Annual BBQ and Family Faire, are part of volunteer committees and work directly with our development department and our event coordinators.
These events make an impact within the community and draw attention and support to The Shea Center. For more information, see below for our volunteer job description or call (949) 240-8441.
Annual BBQ or Gala Committee Member Job Description
Strategic planning for the events begins ten months prior to the event date.
- Generally, members attend meetings starting six months prior to the event.
- Meetings are usually held once a month on a day and time convenient for the majority of committee members.
- Members must provide assistance in the solicitation and securing of sponsorships and ticket sales.
- Members must also provide assistance in the securing of auction items for both our silent and live auctions.
- All members are encouraged to purchase tickets or a table and attend the event, as well as attend other related events such as Ladies Night Out or Cocktails by the Corral.
- Throughout the planning process there will be projects that the committee will be asked to assist with, such as:
- Invitation, letter, or marketing piece assembly and mailing
- Sponsorship gift assembly and delivery
- Auction item packaging during the week prior to the event
- Décor assembly as needed
- Members help with day of event set-up and possibly volunteer at the event.
- Throughout the process, and the night of the event, be an advocate for The Shea Center.